I think we can all agree that the country is divided politically and it seems more people are involved in politics than ever before. Many of them don’t know the difference between the “Constitution” and the “Declaration of Independents” but regardless many people still have strong opinions and find themselves right all of the time. Someone once said, “I learned a lot when I finally stopped talking about what I knew and began to listen to someone else”
Most of us justify our behaviors, beliefs, and actions and seldom challenge ourselves. So let’s start challenging ourselves today! Ask yourself; “Why do we continue to do things that we know affect us negatively?” The government spends money on commercial advertisement that tries to sway people from smoking but then the next ad is a flashy advertisement on drinking some liquor. We have “Buckle Up” campaigns but then have car commercials continually using a race tracks or the 0 to 60 in 2.5 seconds visual to get you to want that car. You see, we are a culture of hypocrites. We want to feel as if we are responsible; however, the media and advertisement world knows that emotional marketing sells.
This is why we have so many fitness fads too. There is now a commercial that uses (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty – KC & The Sunshine Band (1976) as a way to get you to eat anything you want and lose weight. Don’t be stupid and fall for this emotional marketing trick. Use sound judgment and be real with yourself. There are always some side effects with chemicals that trick the body. We know this because we see those advertisements too; Law firms asking the public to contact them if they have every used…
Look, our culture is in the business of selling easy! Easy is not the norm as I said in a previous writing that nothing of value is ever easy! So what do you do?
- Eat foods that does not last on shelves for too long of a time!
- Drink water over these so-called energy drinks, and if needed, add only lemons or oranges for flavor.
- We should all eat for survival sometimes and not for enjoyment all of the time. Be consciously aware when you eat for enjoyment so you can truly enjoy it.
- Get up 30 minutes earlier a day and simply move, walk, squat, push-up, or something.
- If you just told yourself that you are too tired in the morning, ask yourself, is it because I watched a reality show to long last night?
- Lastly, take time to read more than a tag line. Work out the ADHD and read things that inform you over entertain you,
- AND -be still!
These things will eventually move your heart and mind and you will see how much of a life you have to live.